Finding and having a trust worthy managing agent is one of the most important decisions you would have to make, if you decide that you either do not have the time to manage your properties or you just want peace of mind that your most valuable asset is being looked after.
The Private Sector Housing Team is a professional, well run section within Portsmouth City Council, who has worked with landlords, agents and tenants in ensuring that properties are suitable and in good state of repair.
As part of Portsmouth City Council's commitment to the private rental market, the Rent it Right team is available to manage your property portfolio.
As part of our commitment to help reduce homelessness in Portsmouth, we are offering a Full Management Service at no cost to the Owner, provided that the Owner agrees to let the property to tenants referred by Portsmouth City Council, who have an identified local housing need. We will always work from a list of responsible prospective tenants who have been pre-checked and referenced.
This package will contain all services provided within the Part Management and Full Management Service and we will have the full nomination rights in choosing prospective tenants.
For more information on the services we can provide, please email us at [email protected].
To help existing and potential landlords in Portsmouth, we can offer a range of services included in our Part Management package.
· Agree with you the price at which the property is to be marketed
· Professional photographs of the property for website marketing
· Accompanied viewings with all prospective tenants (Monday to Friday 9-5)
· Comprehensive referencing and credit checks
· Undertake the property inspection and complete an inventory at the beginning of the tenancy
· Provide tenancy agreements
· Protect the deposit
· Free tenancy renewals
Tenant and landlord liaison
· Annual gas safety reminders
· Rent collection and monthly statements
· Out of Hours emergency support
· Help with legal notices
· Set up fee £288 incl. VAT
· 5% of monthly rent
In addition to the services provided within the Part Management Service, we also offer the following:
· Inform utility and council tax providers accordingly
· Carry out quarterly inspections to check the general condition of the property
· Check-out inventory
Management of repairs and maintenance
· Arrange any repairs and maintenance that are brought to our attention, up to an estimated cost of £500, the owner being responsible for the cost involved
· Respond to any out of hours emergency and arrange for our contractors to attend
· Invoice the tenant for any disrepair that they are liable for
· Set up fee £288 incl. VAT
· 8% of monthly rent
We can also arrange for Gas Safe Inspections, Electrical Safety Inspections and Energy Performance Certificates upon request. Price on application.