Rent it Right is a voluntary scheme designed to recognise good practice in the private rented sector. Give your tenants the confidence to know that you are a responsible landlord with properties that are of a good standard.
Reasons to join
- Free website advertising of properties linked to Portsmouth City Councils website
- The status of being publicly identified as a good landlord
- Distancing yourselves from incompetent and 'rogue' landlords
- Recognition that you are a good landlord and that you provide tenants with a good standard of accommodation and management - this will differentiate you from non-accredited landlords and agents.
- Ease of access to, and support from the Private Sector Housing Team and other local authority departments
- A dedicated officer on hand to offer help, advice and support
- Information on legislative changes and updates and other matters affecting you as a landlord within the Portsmouth area, including regular emails, workshops and consultations on future initiatives and plans.
- Access to our premium landlord account allowing you to manage your property certificates, advertise, update and pay other council departments such as council tax, parking and arrange bulk collections.
- Working with landlords, we will constantly seek to develop and improve the range of benefits to ensure they meet your needs.
How to apply
- Fill out our simple online application form and the scheme support team will be in contact.
- If you have any further questions about the scheme, contact the Rent it Right team on the below details
- If you require an application to be posted to you, please contact:
Rent it Right
Private Sector Housing
Portsmouth City Council
Tel: 02392 841727
Email: [email protected]
If you have any further questions about the scheme, please contact us on the details listed above.
Please click below to browse the pages:
Aims and Objectives
Code of conduct
Complaints and breaches
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
How do landlords become accredited?